Western's Information Security Office is here to provide support to all campus members for their information security needs. Some of our core functions include:
- Creation of policies, standards and guidelines.
- Vulnerability scanning and assistance in remediation activities.
- Security monitoring and incident response.
- Information security awareness training.
- Management of security compliance and audit efforts.
- Risk assessments and security design reviews.
- Consulting and assistance on security needs.
Attention! The Information Security Office is working with ITS, distributed IT, departments and other stakeholders to ensure that Banner Admin Page Users are enrolled in multifactor authentication (MFA). Those users who have not signed up for MFA will be automatically enrolled on April 13th. To better protect every users' Western account identity, however, we encourage everyone to learn more about MFA and sign-up now.